Santee, Calif. April 23, 2013 – Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc. (QCMI) is pleased to announce it received the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce 2012 Manufacturing & Construction Industry Award.
At the 2013 San Diego East County Chamber Annual Dinner & Awards Celebration, the chamber recognized East County’s outstanding companies. QCMI received the award in the manufacturing and construction category based on its contributions and involvement in the local community. Becky Burgstiner, Immediate Past Chair/Acting Chair of the Chamber Board of Directors, presented QCMI COO / CFO Rick Urban with the award and a proclamation from the California State Assembly.
QCMI’s submission for the award documented the company’s participation in economic growth, educational and community support goodwill activities. Some of the highlights of the nomination were:
• QCMI helps in the local schools and community. At the start of school, CEO Bob Grande and wife Sheri Grande personally delivered 24 backpacks to La Mesa Dale Elementary School. Backpacks contained lunch bags, toothbrush, pens, pencils, scissors, rulers, erasers and more.
• CEO Bob Grande created, developed and filed for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Grande Foundation. The Foundation’s first order of business is to develop a local East County machinist training Academy.
• In direct support of QCMI’s education / training competitive workforce initiative, Rick Urban serves on the Board of the San Diego East County Economic Development Council / Foundation (ECEDC) which fosters economic prosperity and enhances the quality of life in San Diego’s East County.
• Urban is also a member of the EDC’s Supporting Education and Economic Development (SEED) committee. SEED brings high school, community colleges, universities and business communities together to build a vital workforce by sharing information and resources. Within SEED, Urban is the Chairman of the Manufacturing, Educational, and Workforce Subcommittee.
• Urban’s SEED committee spearheaded an ECEDC collaboration with the Grossmont Union High School District. They organized a “first ever” manufacturing tour for more than 80 high school students. The QCMI tour helped engage students in the manufacturing industry.
QCMI specializes in the precision machining of all metals including exotic alloys. The company produces components with complex shapes, contours, exacting tolerances and stringent quality requirements. QCMI provides engineering, R&D, CNC, welding, EDM, NDT, fabrication, inspection, next higher assembly and many additional manufacturing services for the aerospace, power generation, Department of Defense (DOD), oil and gas, marine, and heavy equipment industries.
“QCMI is committed to growth and defining the future of manufacturing in San Diego’s East County,” said CEO Bob Grande. “As proud members of the San Diego East County Chamber, it’s a distinct honor for us to receive the chamber’s 2012 Manufacturing & Construction Industry Award. The award is validation of our continued commitment to support the local community.”
For more information about QCMI call (619) 443-3997 or visit http://www.qcmfginc.com
About Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc.
Founded in 1978, QCMI specializes in the precision machining of all metals including exotic alloys. QCMI is ISO 9001 / AS 9100 certified, ITAR registered and Nadcap accredited. It manufactures components for the aerospace, power generation, Department of Defense (DOD), oil and gas, marine and heavy equipment industries. Key services include CNC turning, milling, and grinding; conventional machining; welding; EDM; fabrication; inspection, non-destructive testing (NDT), next higher assembly; and supply chain management. In 2012 QCMI received its fourth consecutive UTC Supplier Gold Award. The San Diego BBB awarded QCMI the 2012 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. Inc. Magazine nationally recognized QCMI as one of its Inc. 5000 companies. The San Diego Business Journal ranked QCMI on its Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list. For more information about QCMI call (619) 443-3997 or visit http://www.qcmfginc.com.
# # #
To view the online version of this press release with photograph assets, click here.