Prepares quotes/cost estimates for items to be machined and participates in the planning / scheduling of items to be machined for Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc.
- Gather information on scope of work and requirements necessary for potential machine shop work.
- Determine manufacturing steps/processes, equipment requirements, programming requirements, setup operations, material, labor, and other items necessary to perform work.
- Calculate production costs using established labor and overhead rates, raw material and processing price estimates.
- Work with Machine Shop Management and staff to understand/develop shop production plans and schedules.
- Prepare formal price and delivery quotations for internal and external customers.
- Prepare estimates for Management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling, and preparing proposals.
- Will analyze specifications, including blueprints, to calculate production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Communicate with customers on machine shop proposals, quotations and projects.
- Communicate with Machine Shop Management and staff on Machine Shop proposals, quotations, and projects.
- Assist in the preparation of work instructions for new/existing projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience Estimating/Quoting medium to high complex parts in a Machine Shop, including knowledge of setup and operation of a diverse range of machines.
- Extensive experience/knowledge in reading, analyzing, and understanding technical specifications, drawings, bills of material, material and process specifications, quality documentation, and associated documentation.
- Extensive experience/knowledge of the types of tooling required for specific applications, and generalized machine shop procedures.
- Experience estimating and quoting in a high volume Job Shop environment.
- Experience with the planning and manufacturing modules of ERP Systems.
- Extensive experience with the machining of different types of materials, including titanium and stainless steel.
- CNC programming experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good working knowledge of machined parts inspection methods and tools/equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of part production cycle.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing and 6Sigma, Black Belt preferred.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible (willing to manage other duties as needed)
- U.S. Person within the meaning of ITAR
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
- Comprehends English; proficient in reading and writing.
- May need to occasionally work 8+ hours