NDT Level 2 (Night Shift) Job Description
Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc. is a well established manufacturing facility located in San Diego County, CA. We specialize in production runs of highly complex parts and assemblies with stringent quality requirements for the aerospace, industrial, commercial, defense, and power generation industries.
QCMI has expanded to two facilities which encompass a total of 92,000 square feet. We are ISO 9001/AS9100 Registered and Nadcap Accredited. QCMI performs to high standards including excellent quality, reliable delivery, and competitive pricing to ensure customer satisfaction.
Due to this success that we have with our customers, we are looking for a qualified NDT Level 2 that has a strong technical background along with having the desire to succeed personally as well as professionally by expanding their ability and knowledge at QCMI.
- Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection and document results
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method
- Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level I personnel
- Be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as used by QCMI
- Be capable of developing work instructions from approved general procedures (such work instructions require final approval by the QCMI Level III)
- Have a basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing and inspection technology
- The candidate must have the required training and experience hours for certification to Level 2 per NAS 410
- Be capable of working independently
- Possess moderate computer skills
- Successfully pass required Level 2 examinations in both methods and the required eye examination
- Possesses knowledge of various types of metals including castings & forgings.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals is a plus.
- Familiar with 6Sigma methodologies and principals is a plus.
- Should have a general understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems.
Candidates must be willing to work second shift. This individual must have excellent communication skills and will be working with engineering, quality, and manufacturing departments to ensure QCMI meets customer deadlines and quality requirements.
All candidates must possess the requirements above as well as dependability, strong work ethics, being a team player and willingness to work overtime when requested.
Quality Controlled Manufacturing Incorporated offers an excellent benefit package including 401K, Health/Dental Insurance, Aflac, Flex, Vacation/Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Competitive Wages in a good air-conditioned, non-smoking shop environment.
Practicing the standards above has enabled QCMI to become a premier supplier to all our customers. We welcome all inquiries and encourage a visit so you can see firsthand the way we are DEFINING THE FUTURE IN MANUFACTURING.