Job Summary: Provide full support in Quality Controlled Manufacturing Incorporated’s inspection/quality department. Inspectors are directly responsible for ensuring that nonconforming product does not ship to QCMI customers.
Works in partnership with the department supervisor, manufacturing and engineering departments to insure that product quality standards are meet and maintained. If a quality issue is noticed at any time during the entire process, must stop the production process and immediately communicate the issue with your supervisor and Quality Department.
Responsible for providing all his/her peers and reports with training when needed.
Assist supervisor and work with peers to ensure your department meets budget, delivery, and quality objectives. Use and practice 5S methods and lean manufacturing principals to accomplish department goals.
Specifically, Inspectors will be responsible for, and required to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
Services Scope & Skills
- Experienced in machining operations and manufacturing processes
- Able to thoroughly understand/interpret blueprints
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent with written and verbal instructions
- Proficient in trig and geometric tolerance
- Ability to multi-task
- High energy
- Knowledge of all measuring instruments and their proper applications
- Able to operate and/or monitor CMM’s
- Team player
- Flexible (willing to manage other duties as needed)
- May need to occasionally work 8+ hours
Responsibilities & Duties
- Primary responsibility is providing a safeguard that guarantees nonconforming parts do not ship to QCMI customers.
- Able to set-up gauges for machinist and final inspection use
- Accurately and completely fill out all applicable documentation
- Complies with internal quality systems and processes
- Able to provide machinist first article’s for set-ups in a proficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Determines operational objectives when providing FA’s
- Reads and reviews work orders or travelers to determine inspection requirements for parts.
- Inspects incoming materials to determine compliance with order specifications, and the company’s internal quality control system for compliance with ISO9001, First Articles of Inspection or other requirements.
- Examines materials for compliance in order specifications. Arranges for corrections or adjustments in order.
- Perform visual inspections; examine parts for surface defects, chips, scratches, pinholes or other visual defects. Notifies machinist or supervisor of defects, or nonconformities.
- Perform incoming visual/dimension/function inspections, in process, and final inspections as required.
- Checks dimensions and tolerances on all parts according to blueprints and related documents. Measure parts areas with uniformity and thickness. Uses caliper, micrometer, or dial indicators to determine measurements.
- Records accurately the inspection data on appropriate forms, indicates type of defect or rework required.
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints, engineering specifications, and routing sheet to determine product standards and tolerance limitations.
- Complete all required records and documentation.
- Calibrate gauges/inspection tools.
- Reports and tracks any significant deviations from quality standards.
- Maintains a safe, neat, and orderly work environment.
- Actively promotes safety, production, and quality standards.
- Is directly responsible for meeting company and customer requirements on all machined parts
- If quality issue exists with individual parts, you are to tag the parts according to the proper procedure.
- Attends organization and department meetings as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the Contact Us link and email your resume in Word or PDF format to Becky Quinn, HR Manager.