CNC Mill Machinist Job Description
Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc. is a well established manufacturing facility located in San Diego County, CA. We specialize in production runs of highly complex parts and assemblies with stringent quality requirements for the aerospace, industrial, commercial, defense, and power generation industries.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have previous experience as a CNC Mill Machinist in a machine shop.
- Must have experience in the machining industry.
- Previous experience in conventional machining is a plus.
- Must be proficient at setting up, indicating fixtures, cutting jaws, touching-off tooling, and working unsupervised.
- Comfortable with an array of machine control systems (i.e. Fanuc, Okuma, Haas, Mazatrol, Mitsubishi, and other controls).
- Possesses knowledge of various types of metals including castings and forgings.
- Understands speeds/feeds used when cutting different materials including exotic alloys.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals is a plus.
- Understands geometric tolerance along with being proficient at reading and understanding blueprints.
- Must be comfortable/competent in making program changes at the machining centers.
- Familiar with 6Sigma methodologies and principals is a plus.
- Should have a general understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems.
We are looking for experienced CNC Machinist only. Candidates must have their own tools and be willing to work second shift. This individual must have excellent communication skills and will be working with engineering, quality, and manufacturing departments to ensure QCMI meets customer deadlines and quality requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the Contact Us link and email your resume in Word or PDF format to Becky Quinn, HR Manager.