Job Title: CNC Lathe / VTL Machinist Job Description
Hours: 1st Shift: 6:30am to 3:00am
2nd Shift: 3:00pm to 11:30pm
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Position(s) Available: 1+
Responsibilities & Duties:
Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc. is a well-established manufacturing facility located in San Diego County, CA. We specialize in production runs of highly complex parts and assemblies with stringent quality requirements for the aerospace, industrial, commercial, defense and power generation industries.
- Must have previous experience as a CNC Lathe or VTL Machinist in a machine shop.
- Must be proficient in all areas of setting up (i.e. cutting jaws, touching off tools, loading and editing programs, indicating fixture(s) etc).
- Comfortable with Fanuc and Haas controls.
- Possesses knowledge of various types of metals including castings and forgings.
- Understands speeds/feeds used when cutting different materials including exotic alloys.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals is a plus.
- Understands geometric tolerance along with being proficient at reading and understanding blueprints.
- Able to perform thermal expansion calculations when making dimensional offsets.
- Familiar with 6Sigma methodologies and Lean principals is a plus.
- Should have a general understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems.
Qualified applicants must have their own tools and be willing to work second shift. This individual must have excellent communication skills.
They will be working with engineering, quality, and manufacturing departments to ensure QCMI meets customer deadlines and quality requirements.
All candidates must possess the requirements above as well as dependability, strong work ethics, being a team player and willingness to work overtime when requested.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the Contact Us link and email your resume in Word or PDF format to Becky Quinn, HR Manager.